7 terrific ideas on how to do your homework efficiently
- If you have difficulty studying by yourself, you might benefit greatly from a study group. Even if you do not collaborate and you instead just work in the same space, study group can be very beneficial. It can provide you with the accountability that you need to stay focused and to avoid distractions like a cell phone or hopping on your social networking profile.
- When you set out to complete your tasks, you want to make sure that you set a timer. Setting a timer for whatever length you will be working can help you tremendously.
- You want to have peppermint tea or perhaps a peppermint candy before you begin as peppermint is scientifically proven to help improve your focus. Having a cup of peppermint tea while you work can improve your focus throughout the duration of your work.
- You might benefit from having soothing music playing in the background. It is important that you do not play music which contains lyrics because lyrics will automatically detract from your focus. Instead of typing writing the answer to your scientific chapter questions, your brain will start typing or writing the lyrics to the song it hears. This will not help you. What will help you is classical music or instrumental music. This type of music can call me better focus your thoughts.
- If you study in the afternoon, have a snack. Having a snack before you begin can help you to avoid hunger and distraction. The best type of snack is one which includes equal parts fats, carbohydrates, and proteins. Remember that carbohydrates can be found in things like fruits and vegetables and are not limited to the mass marketed concept of bread and pasta. Find a healthy snack which covers all of these categories and you will stay fuller for a longer period of time.
- Have water on hand. Water can keep you from dehydration while you work. If you were dehydrated you will find it extremely difficult to stay focused on your task and to concentrate on your homework. So make sure that you have water so that you do not become distracted.
- Set up a regular schedule so that you get something done every day of the week. Just because you are able to create all of your science projects and complete your math questions in one day does not mean that you should. Your brain will benefit more if you divide your tasks throughout the week. For example, if you have 25 vocabulary questions to memorize and 10 math problems you might consider doing two math problems per night and five vocabulary questions per night. This can help you to work regularly and to always keep your brain focused on the task. This also reduces the amount of time that you would spend trying to refocus your brain on the vocabulary or the math because your brain can recall having done at the day before.
Make sure that you organize your homework by color coordinating it or dividing it by course. If you create a list of things that you need to do each night you will be better able to complete each task and will feel more accomplished. Reward yourself for meeting milestones.
Have everything in one place.
This study collection can include things like pencils, pens, rulers, calculators, notecards, and highlighters, anything else you might need. Having all of the materials you requiring one place makes it significantly easier for you to work through any homework task you were given.